CHK-Mate will examine the contents of the CHK files and determine if the contents are known file types, such as MS-Word files or GIF files. When contents are recognized (for example, as a Word document), the CHK files are copied to a new file with the correct file extension (Filexxxx.CHK -> Filexxxx.DOC). The new file extension allows you to easily open the file using the associated program.
If the contents of a CHK file can not be linked to a known file type, you have the option to extract all the readable text from the CHK file. Use this option to recover information from a CHK file that is perhaps not intact enough to be recovered completely as a known file type.
- CHK-Mate determines the content type of CHK files and saves the contents of the CHK file to a file with the appropriate extension
- CHK-Mate recognizes the following file types by default: JPG, GIF, ZIP, CAB, EXE, DLL, OCX, WRI, BMP, DOC, PPT, XLS, PDF, HTM(L), WAV, MID, AVI, RAR, TIF and MP3.
- Easily add more file types yourself
- A simple 3 step wizard interface
- Start program from .chk file context menu
- CHK-Mate is File System independent
|.chk - Recovered File Fragments (Misc Files)
CHK files are usually created in Microsoft Windows or old MS-DOS Operating Systems when ScanDisk or CHKDSK disk checking tools find and fix lost cluster... [More Information]